Pamela Brown of WJLA is again this year’s Emcee for the American Red Cross in the National Capital Region’s 2010 Oscar NightÂ® DC, the only official Academy-sanctioned Washington, D.C. Oscar black tie viewing party. The always hip Sunday night will be held from 7 p.m. to midnight March 7th, at the breathtaking National Museum of Women in the Arts, 1250 New York Avenue, NW.
Proceeds for the event will benefit the regional American Red Cross. To purchase tickets visit online registration.
This yearâ€™s host committee is chaired by Joe Carden, of the Homeland Security & Defense Business Council. The eventâ€™s Host Committee includes, as of January 8, 2010:
- Carl G. Becker, Premier Properties;
- Dr. Claudia Cotca, The Washington Institute For Dentistry & Toxicology;
- Fletcher Gill, Montview Realty Advisors;
- Ellen Howe, L-3 Security Detection Systems;
- Moe Imjaiharn, DC magazine;
- Ryan Kaltenbaugh, videoNext;
- Katherine Kennedy, Katherine Kennedy Consulting;
- Donald H. Kent, Jr, Navigators Global;
- Leah Mercado, DTI Associates;
- Kate Michael, 2006 Miss DC/Greater Washington Sports Alliance, K-Street Kate Blog;
- Andrea Rodgers, Ask MissA Blog;
- Scott Stephens, Benure Communications;
- Jeff Sural, Alston & Bird, LLP;
- Rachel Wanner, BAE Systems;
- Dorinda White, Office of Congresswoman Diane Watson
Thank you to DC magazine for stepping up again as Media Sponsor.
While I am not personally involved with the event this year because of time constraints, as the Spokesperson for 3 years and Chair for 2, I fully endorse this evening as something anyone and everyone should attend and support.Â I hope to see you there.
Pamela Lynne Sorensen is the founder of Pamela’s Punch, a leading source of information for the “who, what, when, and where” of Washington, DC’s elite social, professional, and philanthropic scene, which she founded in November of 2006. In 2012 she launched Pacific Punch, based in Los Angeles. Pamela comes from an extensive background in sales and business development from a variety of industries, has been involved with charities and fundraising for a number of years and holds several Board and leadership positions. She currently resides in Arlington, Virginia and when she’s not out on the town, she’s reading or writing while sipping fine wine, or traveling the country and the world ISO adventures, beauty, fun, food, style, libations, music, and the good life. Follow her on Twitter at @pamelaspunch.